Rudder is an easy to use, web-driven, role-based solution for IT Infrastructure Automation & Compliance. Rudder is based on CFEngine for its configuration management agent, on FusionInventory for hardware and software analysis, and includes a user interface for reporting and higher level features to keep an eye on your information system.
CFEngine is an IT infrastructure automation and Continuous Operations framework that helps engineers, system administrators and other stakeholders in an IT organization manage IT infrastructure while ensuring service levels and compliance. CFEngine runs on the smallest embedded devices, on servers, in the cloud, and on mainframes, easily handling tens of thousands of hosts. It is available as both open source and commercial software.
Join us in the Rudder-CFEngine Room for some presentations, open spaces, and hacking.
Monday, February 2
- 14:00 - Rudder 3.0 and beyond - Jonathan Clarke & Nicolas Charles - Watch video
- 14:40 - CFEngine releases, how do they happen? - Kristian Amlie & Dimitrios Apostolou - Watch video
- 15:20 - Break
- 15:40 - ncf, hands on from CLI to... a new GUI! - Matthieu CERDA & Vincent Membré - Watch video
- 16:20 - The CFEngine Roadshow - Martin Simons
Tuesday, February 3
- 11:20 - Using salt to leverage existing Cfengine installation by reuse of Cfengine PKI in Salt - Jarle Bjørgeengen - Watch video
- 12:00 - Many projects, one code (code repositories and deployment strategies for configuration management) - Marco Marongiu - Watch video
- 12:40 - Lunch
- 14:00 - How we found an island named Rudder - in a wide sea of options - Florian Heigl - Watch video
- 14:40 - Open discussion for wishlist ideas and general QA
- 15:20 - Break
- 15:40 - How to securely deploy CFEngine in the open Internet - Kristian Amlie & Dimitrios Apostolou - Watch video